The Tottenham star has been heavily linked with a move to the Spanish capital outfit following a season in which he established himself as one of the top players in the Premier League.
The winger made 44 appearances last term, scoring 26 goals and claiming several player of the year awards.
However, despite Bale’s rise to prominence in recent years, Fabregas, who spent eight years with Spurs’ local rivals Arsenal, does not think the Welshman is worth such a big outlay.
“Spending £100m on Bale is foolish,” he said.
“I don’t know how any club could spend that amount of money.
“He is a great player but we will have to see if Madrid sign him and if he can perform there.”
Speculation has been rife that Fabregas could leave the Camp Nou and return to English football.
However, the 26-year-old insisted that he is only focused on securing more success with Barcelona.
“People talk a lot but the truth is no one has spoken with me,” he added.
“I want to triumph in Barcelona. I dreamed of playing there, so I will try and succeed for as long as I can.”
Fabregás hopes to play alongside new boy Neymar and Messi in Tito Vilanova’s “new look” Barca. The Catalan club look like that will be splashing more cash soon and one of the coaches favourite defenders, Thiago Silva of PSG has even lowered his tab and is keen on talks.
- Bale not worth £100m to Madrid – Fabregas (abdulkarimgolfblog.wordpress.com)
- Cesc Fabregas: Real Madrid Would Be Foolish to spend £100m on Gareth Bale. (fooballupdat18.wordpress.com)
- Cesc Fabregas: Real Madrid would be ‘foolish’ to bid £100m for Gareth Bale (metro.co.uk)
- Cesc Fabregas: Real Madrid would be ‘foolish’ to bid £100m for Gareth Bale (soccerarena.org)
- Cesc Fabregas wants to stay with Barcelona (sportsnippets.com)
- No offers for Fabregas (standard.co.uk)
- Fabregas: Madrid ‘crazy’ to pay record fee for Bale (espn.co.uk)
- Manchester United target Cesc Fabregas’ future set to be decided next week (mirror.co.uk)
- Manchester United line up Thiago bid after dropping Cesc Fabregas pursuit (physicio.wordpress.com)
- Fabregas Reckons £100 Million Is Too Much For Gareth Bale (sportsnippets.com)